As we continue our #SnowPeakAtHome series, we want to offer some new & unique meal inspiration. This delicious Andean stew is packed with flavor and features pumpkins, chilies and huacatay (black mint). It’s the perfect comfort food for uncertain times. This recipe will be demonstrated on Instagram Live using the Snow Peak Home & Camp Burner and Aluminum Caldero, tune in at 12 pm PST!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 tablespoons aji amarillo paste (optional)
- 2 lb pumpkin, diced.
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup giant kernel corn
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup unsweetened evaporated milk
- 1 cup white cheese, diced (queso fresco)
- 2 tablespoons huacatay leaves (black mint), or coriander leaves, chopped
- White rice, cooked
- In the Caldero, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat, saute onion and garlic, stirring until the onion is very soft. Add the aji amarillo paste and then cook for four more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add pumpkin, potatoes, corn, vegetable stock, salt, and pepper. Then, lower the heat, and simmer with the Caldero partially covered. Stir occasionally until all the vegetables are tender, then add green peas.
- Turn off the Home & Camp Burner.
- Add evaporated milk and queso fresco to the Caldero, then turn the burner on and heat through, while stirring. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed; add herbs, then serve immediately with white rice.
Recipe credit: Peru Delights