Takibi is an innovative forthcoming restaurant and bar created by Snow Peak in partnership with Submarine Hospitality. Takibi means bonfire in Japanese and the entire experience centers around the concept of time by the fire. From the ceramic tile on the walls to the open soapstone hearth where the food is prepared, bonfire is the central inspiration of the restaurant.
Snow Peak partnered with the award-winning restaurant experts at Submarine Hospitality to open Takibi. Led by Joshua McFadden, Submarine Hospitality operates three renowned restaurants in Portland, Oregon: Ava Genes, Tusk and Cicoria. Additionally, the Takibi Bar program will be led by world-famous bar director Jim Meehan.
When the restaurant opens in 2021, it will offer hyper-seasonal, Japanese-inspired cuisine – with all ingredients sourced from the Pacific Northwest region. We’re building an incredible team from the ground up and are looking for innovative and experienced members to launch with us.
The Takibi General Manager is responsible for supervising and supporting the restaurant team, cultivating an inclusive and hospitable environment, leading strategic objectives, and assuring day-to-day operational excellence. To be successful in this role, the Takibi General Manager will need to maintain a profitable restaurant.
This position is a full time exempt salary position with benefit eligibility, and reports to the Executive Director of Operations at Submarine Hospitality. Takibi will be open 7 days a week and while the schedule will vary, we expect a 5 day a week commitment.
THIS POSITION MIGHT BE RIGHT IF YOU
- Demonstrate hospitality in every interaction and cultivate positive experiences that matter
- Share a passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- Express curiosity and creativity by taking initiative and be resourceful
- Understand your effect on business targets
- Make a memorable impact by being approachable, respectful, responsible, and joyful
- Value all people for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment
- Enforce sanitation standards and procedures
- Comply with health and legal regulations
- Manage R&M for the restaurant
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas
- Maintain professional restaurant image
- Open and close the restaurant
- Execute monthly inventory accurately and efficiently in alignment with budget
- Conduct regular meetings with all BOH and FOH management
- Establish a welcoming, inclusive, and equitable workplace and hold all team members accountable for contributing to and preserving it
- Collaborate with Submarine and Human Resources to recruit an exceptional team
- Monitor employee work schedules Inspire a culture of learning and development
- Communicate transparently and resolve conflicts
- Plan and implement strategic objectives that fulfill the mission and the goals of the restaurant efficiently and effectively
- Evaluate, improve, and report the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance profitability and the experiences of team members and customers
- Establish, maintain, and present reports to stakeholders
- Engage in effective feedback systems to monitor and communicate operational and strategic alignment with interdepartmental objectives
- Manage departmental budget and profitability metrics
- High School Degree
- 7 years of restaurant experience
- 5 years of management experience
- Direct work experience with Japanese food and beverage
- Basic understanding of Japanese language and culture
- Understanding of training in food safety and relevant compliance related laws and regulations
- Understanding of the financial and business acumen to drive profitability
- Excellent leadership and management skills with ability to motivate
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Superior time management skills with a proven ability to efficiently manage multiple, concurrent, time-sensitive projects and priorities
- Superior problem-solving abilities to meet ambiguous and multicultural needs
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Ability to bear exposure to hot and cold environments
NICE TO HAVE
- Higher Education degree
- Previous experience as a General Manager
- Extended experience with Japanese cuisine, culture, and/or language
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf format and let us know how you would be a unique fit for our team.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.