Store Associate – Part Time for NYC store
We are looking for outstanding individuals for our NYC retail store.
Providing our customers with a unique shopping experience is our top priority. The Store Associate is the initial brand ambassador, responsible for generating sales by engaging and connecting with customers. They will be responsible for enhancing the customer experience by maintaining a neat, clean and safe working and shopping environment. Maintaining merchandise presentation standards and the image of our products throughout the store are also key responsibilities of this position.
- Creates a positive, welcoming experience for customers (joyful, social and approachable)
- Drives customer service and increases sales through a service mindset in the fashion and outdoor industry
- Demonstrates a “customer first” mindset and is accessible at all times to ensure every customer has a great experience
- Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess needs and make relevant merchandise suggestions
- Speaks with knowledge and confidence to customers about styles, fit, fabrics, price and trends
- Drives store sales by suggesting additional items to customers to meet their needs and wants
- Educates customers on our brand story, product, offers, and promotions
- Seeks out information or knowledge on in-line products and 3rd party brands
- Ensure that merchandising standards are upheld according to the visual merchandising guidelines
- Self-motivated to maintain an easy to shop and accessible brand experience for customers
- Process customer transactions efficiently and accurately
- Promote a safe working and shopping environment, maximizing the customer and employee experience
- Execute all operational processes effectively and efficiently including: shipment processing, replenishment, emailing, phone calls and cash handling processes
- Accurately records and understands how to calculate retail sales and targets. Ability to use this information to wisely promote sales.
- Ensures the stock room is neat, clean and organized at all times
- Maintains the sales floor, fitting rooms and cash wrap areas to meet brand standards
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedures Manual
- Upholds data integrity guidelines when counting inventory and cashiering
- Contributes to a positive working environment (respectful, responsible and team oriented)
- Ability to effectively work with our team and communicate with management
- Provide support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions.
- Completes assignments as directed by members of upper management
- Takes initiatives in pursuing additional store projects of interest
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Available during busy holiday and shopping times
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and meet deadlines on tasks/projects
- Understanding of an outdoor lifestyle and trends in outdoor apparel and fashion
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects or tools. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to engage in repetitive motion using wrists, fingers and hands. The employee must be able to lift at least 30 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 50 lbs.
- Relaxed and fun workplace environment
- Discount on in-house brand and 3rd party brands
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com