Retail Store Manager Job Description
Providing our customers with a unique shopping experience is our top priority. The Store Manager will be responsible for enhancing our customer experience by demonstrating a "customer first" and “in-service” mindset to all visitors. They will manage the retail store and retail team in their day-to-day operations including customer service, team building, merchandising, scheduling, event hosting, marketing opportunities, inventory management, and opening/closing the store, as well as the store’s annual plan and continually driving towards maximum profitability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for all areas of store operations, providing a strong consistent leadership presence and performing all duties as directed by senior management including driving store success by achieving sales goals set by Snow Peak.
- Leads by example to create an elevated, upbeat, welcoming experience for customers by responding quickly to employee and customer needs.
- Drives and increases sales by engaging with our community and local industry leaders.
- Educates both employees and customers on brand history, products, offers, promotions, and events.
- Strengthens our presence in the community by overseeing the store Instagram and encouraging customers to engage with the brand through our email list and all of our social networking sites.
- Speaks with knowledge and confidence to customers about materials, styles, fit, fabrics, price and trends in the outdoor and fashion industries as well as the New York market.
- Processes customer transactions efficiently with knowledge of store policies and exhibits excellent point-of-sale/cash-handling accuracy; including stepping in to help with difficult transactions.
- Provides support to fellow employees through thoughtful scheduling, sharing of knowledge, customer assistance, and task completion.
- Leads by example to create an inspiring and positive working environment by being social, joyful, approachable, respectful, responsible, and team oriented.
- Effectively works with our different internal teams and upper management, communicating all special order requests, customer concerns, product issues, or sales/event opportunities to the proper team member.
- Manages annual, monthly, and daily sales targets and runs monthly reporting of the New York store.
- Provides monthly staff meetings and clinics to ensure all employees are always empowered with as much information as possible.
- Leads all hiring, training, reviews and continued feedback/coaching corrective action for all store employees including identifying additional training needs and opportunities.
- Exhibits dynamic leadership skills by providing motivation, leveraging individual staff strengths, and encouraging employee development.
- Responsible for all scheduling and staffing of the retail store monthly calendar including taking into account all fluctuating staff availabilities, time off requests, vacation approvals, and event coverage.
- Takes initiative in pursuing additional concepts that drive traffic, sales and overall store profitability.
- Proactively searches out ongoing education regarding the company and the outdoor and fashion industries through internal reports, media/press coverage, and community involvement.
- Manages store expenses and maximizes store efficiencies through a monthly profit and loss review with the accounting team.
- Executes and confirms all operational processes are dealt with effectively and efficiently including: shipment processing, backstocking, replenishment, inventory counts, loss prevention, shrink, and cash handling.
- Creates the annual purchasing plan and oversees all purchase order check-ins to ensure that the receiving process for all gear, apparel, and third party shipments are completed in a timely manner and ensures all communication of any discrepancies or issues get funneled to the correct team member.
- Manages third party brand strategy, procedures for buying and replenishing, placing and entering the purchase orders and monitoring sell-through for slow performers.
- Directs execution of all in store merchandising and detailed visuals including window changes and floor sets as well as ensuring all pricing, signage and displays are correct and up to company standards at all times.
- Oversee the planning, coordination and execution of large scale events and projects in partnership with all internal and external parties while ensuring both qualitative and quantitative goals are met.
- Passion for the outdoors and helping grow a global outdoor lifestyle retailer.
- Works efficiently without supervision.
- Excels at multitasking and consistently exercises great judgment when doing so.
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal integrity and self motivation.
- Always open to feedback and has a strong desire to find ways to better oneself.
- Appetite for leading and managing people to help them grow to their fullest potential.
- Possesses strong written and oral skills to communicate with customers, remote global teams, vendors, and contractors.
- Fluent in sales reporting with a high level of skill in Excel, Word, and retail-based computer software.
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Strength in merchandising and other creative processes.
- Highly interested in apparel fashion and trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Retail Management, Business or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of retail experience including 5+ years managing or leading team members.
- Ability to work during morning and evening retail events as well as occasional holiday hours.
- Ability to participate in group camping trips, off-site training sessions, and overnight retreats.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs and be on feet for multiple hours at a time including stair climbing.
- Enforces all company policies as outlined in both the Company & Departmental Handbook.
- Relaxed and fun workplace environment
- Employee discounts and allowances
- Health, Dental & Retirement benefits
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. (This position posted on 8/15/19 and we will be accepting resumes until 9/15/19.)