Snow Peak is embarking on an exciting period of growth in the North American marketplace. If you have a love for the outdoors, a passion for great product design, a keen business mind and a track record of building mutually beneficial sales relationships with customers, this position just might be the perfect fit for you!
The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company. This position will dig in and make the numbers tell a story, leading new and annual projects such as the implementation into SAP and global audits, and day to day activities such as managing the finance team. This person is a leader and teacher with strong tech skills, a good understanding of financial statement preparation and analysis, and an ability to understand myriad accounting operations and job functions.
- Classification: Full Time, Exempt
- Schedule: Regular work week
- Location: Portland, OR
- Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
- Supervising Others: Yes
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversee training programs and identifies training needs.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommend benchmarks that will be used to measure the company's performance.
- Produce the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provide financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Work with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- MBA in Accounting or similar level of education
- Seven years or more of related experience required.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including active listening
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software
- Enthusiasm for a fast paced, high growth working environment
- A creative mind with an ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- A passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- The commitment to maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
NICE TO HAVE
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation
- Experience with SAP, Sage accounting systems
- Experience in the outdoor, retail, or apparel industries
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer
- A creative, fun, and dynamic work environment in beautiful Portland, OR
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employee discounts on incredible Snow Peak gear
- Health, Dental, and Retirement Benefits
- Employee Transportation Allowance
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.