Few things will delight folks as easily as the smokey, spicy bite you'll discover with Jamaican Jerk chicken. In this Smokemeister rendition, we kept it simple and allowed the juicy and tender flavor to shine through without all the fussy preparation and grill time you'd find with most recipes.
WHAT YOU"LL NEED:
- Using paper towels, pat 8-10 drumsticks dry and apply a light coating of olive oil and salt.
- Place chicken in an airtight container and pour in marinade. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible and refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- Place 1/4 cup wood chips in bowl of water. Soak for one hour.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Allow chicken to come to room temperature while prepping Smokemeister. Drain water from wood ships and wrap in foil to create small packet.
- Light one chimney 1/4 full of charcoal. When the coals are ready, remove the inner frame of Smokemeister and place 4-6 briquettes on charcoal plate. Add wood chip packet to the top of the coals and return inner frame to inner cylinder. Allow Smokemeister to heat up for 5-10 min. Alternatively, you can prepare coals using the Folding Torch.
- Once it comes to temp, place chicken on grill nets and smoke for 45 min to one hour or until cooked all the way through. Rotate chicken every 20 min throughout cook time.