- 1 cup of freshly cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon, avocado oil, butter or cooking spray
- 150g assorted green vegetables (recommended: bok choy, kale or frozen peas)
- 4 slices of cooked bacon or ham, chopped
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Scallions, white and green parts
- 2 large eggs, beaten for scrambling
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1. In a nonstick pan or wok, saute garlic on medium heat.
- 2. Add in vegetables and scallions, and sauté over medium heat until cooked, approximately 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- 3. Add in bacon or ham and toss to coat and heat, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- 4. Add in cooked, or leftover white rice and gently toss to combine all the ingredients. Add in a little oil if anything begins to stick.
- 5. Once all ingredients are incorporated, part rice to the sides of the pan, and scramble eggs over low heat in the center. About 60 seconds.
- 6. Once eggs are cooked, continue to incorporate all ingredients until evenly distributed.
- 7. Finally, over medium-low heat, add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, and continue to toss and evenly coat ingredients until rice begins to fry, and change color, about 2-3 minutes.
- 8. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!