This week, we’re offering a simple vegetarian recipe that pairs perfectly with the Takibi Fire and Grill. We’re using asparagus, but these seasonings can be paired with your choice of vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, or sweet potatoes. The result is a flavorful combination of tangy citrus with a hint of smokiness from the grill.
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears
- Lemon Juice - ½ of a lemon, squeezed
- Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Optional Jacobsen Flake Salt upon serving
1. Wash and rinse the asparagus before slicing off the bottom inch or so of the stem. Next, coat the asparagus in olive oil then season with lemon, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. If you’re cooking directly over the fire, give your Takibi Fire and Grill time to heat up, whether you’re using coals or wood. Grilling asparagus works best on high, direct heat.
3. Place the season asparagus on the grill and rotate regularly for an even char. Cook for 2-4 minutes. Perfectly cooked asparagus should have a bit of a crunch left, without being tough to chew.