This week, we’re sharing a delicious recipe that’s sure to fill you up after a long day on the trail, or given the current state of things, a long day at home. If the latter is the case, consider mixing up your normal routine for a bit of outdoor cooking in the backyard or on the porch.
The ingredients are simple, and the recipe can easily be cooked in the Snow Peak Titanium Trek 700 over the ultralight GigaPower Auto.
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped summer sausage
- ½ cup freeze-dried mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried onions (or 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons powdered chicken flavor base (or bouillon granules)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freeze-dried poultry herb blend (or 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme, sage, & parsley)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- ½ Cup dried mushrooms
- ½ Cup Chopped Babybel cheese
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add all ingredients to the Titanium Trek 700 and stir a few times. Allow to it sit for approximately nine minutes, mixing the ingredients halfway through.
- Eat and enjoy!
Explore more recipes for outdoor cooking or shop our ultralight titanium essentials collection.